Saturday, January 24, 2009

Drunk @ College

So, despite my schools recently escalated efforts to stop kids from drinking on campus, I am quite drunk. That's because the whole idea of a dry campus is a myth. College students drink. A lot. 

In fact, I'll bet that campuses which are supposedly dry have more drunks than the colleges that allow alcohol. I have no real evidence to support that claim, but I do know that as soon as you tell people not to something it becomes a whole lot cooler to do it. Which explains why the war on drugs in general is nothing but a colossal publicity stunt that wastes a shit ton of money and puts people in jail for nor good reason. 

But if you believe that prohibition is the solution to the drug "problem", consider this. I am not yet 21 years old. I am on a campus that prohibits alcohol. And I'm shitfaced.

So exactly how well does prohibition work?

No comments:

Post a Comment